Setup Email in Thunderbird
Note: If configuring manually, the Incoming Mail Server should be set to port 110 and the Outgoing Mail Server should be set to port 587.
- Open Thunderbird and select the Tools menu. Click the Account Settings tab.
- From the new window press the Add Account button, then E-mail account and click Next.
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field for all outgoing messages and the email address which the others will use to send email messages to you. Click Next.
- Set the incoming server to be of type POP3. The address is your domain name.
- Click Next and type in the username. Please use the full e-mail account name. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org instead of you.
- After clicking the Next button, type in the name of the e-mail account as it will appear on your PC. Click Next, and then the Finish button.
- Click the Outgoing Server(SMTP) in the left pane. Use yourdomainname.com as Server name. Set the port to be 587.
Then, check the username and the password and enter the full e-mail address as username.
- Click OK and you are done!